This is hands-down the best Vegan Cheesecake Recipe I’ve ever created. It’s dense, luxurious, creamy and indulgent. The process in which it’s made is very much the same as a dairy Cheesecake, except that this Vegan version is lower in fat, better for the animals and the planet! This is the basic-recipe and is customisable – get creative with it!
- 250g Digestive Biscuits
- 50g Granulated Sugar
- 110g Margarine (melted)
- 2 Packs (255/225g) Vegan Cream Cheese (I use Sainsburys / Tesco’s Own Brand)
- 1 Pack (300g/347g) Firm Silken Tofu
- 280g Granulated Sugar
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 70g Plain Flour
- 1 Tsp Xantham Gum
- ½ Punnet of Blueberries/Raspberries/Strawberries (Optional)
- Icing Sugar (Optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 Degrees. For the base, either wizz the Digestive Biscuits in a food processor until they’re crumbs, or place in a mixing bowl and bash with a rolling pin.
- Add the Sugar and melted Margarine and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a deep 8”/9” springform tin, pressing it into the base and up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes, then leave to cool.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 170 Degrees.
- Meanwhile, add the Cream Cheese, Tofu, Lemon Juice/Zest and Vanilla Essence into a mixing bowl, and blend with a stick/hand blender/masher.
- Next, stir in the Plain Flour, Xantham Gum and Blueberries.
- Pour the filling mixture on top of the biscuit base, and bake for 50-60 minutes. After 50-60 minutes is up, turn off the oven and keep the Cheesecake in there for another 30 minutes so it gradually cools down.
- Leave the Cheesecake to cool further on a work surface before placing into the fridge for 6-8 hours *Do NOT skip this step!* The refrigeration process is essential for the Cheesecake to fully set.
- When set, remove the Cheesecake from the springform tin and dust with icing sugar. Decorate however you like!
To watch my Youtube video for this recipe, please click this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6drjy4K07P0